The Nomination and Un-Nomination of New Moon And Cast

Several days ago The Twilight Saga: New Moon and the cast were nominated at The Scorecard Review for many awards. What awards? You may ask... Uhmm I had the same reaction. And this was the reason why I did not blog about this so-called awards but due to their utterly stupid move following the initial gracious New Moon's nominations, I had to share it with you. Can you believe an award- giving body (so-so) can un-nominate their nominees? Well, apparently TSR can. Again, laughable. And their reason is even funnier, check below for their official statement. Again, I will leave the ranting to you guys...


Here are the categories they WERE nominated in -

* Best Blockbuster
* Best Music
* Best Action Hero – Jacob Black
* Best Action Hero – Edward Cullen
* Best Ending
* Best Visual Special Effects
* Best Screenplay (Adapted)
* Best Actress – Kristen Stewart for New Moon
* Quote of the Year – “I just have one condition. If you want me to do it, then … marry me Bella.” ROBERT PATTINSON – THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON
* Actress of the Year (Multiple Roles) – Kristen Stewart for New Moon & Adventureland
* Actor of the Year (Multiple Roles) – Michael Sheen for New Moon & The Damned United

Jeff Bayer then released an official statement as to why he all of a sudden removed the nominations -

"I run The Scorecard Review … Unfortunately, I had to remove ‘The Twilight Saga: New Moon’ choices. Too many twihards were giving everything Twilight a 10, and every other film a 1, trying to manipulate the results.

I love movies, movie fans and I have no problem with people loving Twilight, but trying to kill other movies is not the point of these awards. It was a difficult choice, as I love the attention the TSR Movie Awards have already received, but here is an example of what was happening …

In the BEST MUSIC category, Twilight had a 9.3 score. The next highest was Crazy Heart with a 3.8. That was the next highest! In other words, there were hundreds of twihards who decided the best way for Twilight to win was to give the other nominees a 1.

I apologize to all the Twilight fans who took time, and now don’t have the opportunity to vote for the film they love.

Here’s a side note … Edward was beating Jacob in BEST ACTION HERO/VILLAIN/SUPERHUMAN. It’s pretty funny actually. Edward had the most first place and last place votes. But officially, Team Edward was in the lead. "- Jeff Bayer